About

No More Miss Mopey Schmopey... well not today...


posted by Once A Mother on , , , , , , ,

19 comments

Okay, so like I said in yesterday's post, each day I write my truth, and today my truth is that I don't feel like being a Miss Mopey Schmopey because I took a look outside and saw so many beautiful changes happening, changes that I sometimes lose sight of when I am being Miss Mopey Schmopey, and  those changes are what I want to focus on today. Will Miss Mopey Schmopey return tomorrow? I'm not sure. But as for right now, she's taken the day off.

Spring has sprung into full swing here. The trees off my deck are starting to bloom...


And even Charlotte is really enjoying the sunlight... although her idea of enjoying the sunlight is to lay in the brightest spot of the deck, overheat, come in, drink some water, pant against the cool floor, then go back out and repeat. I don't know that it would be my idea of fun, but hey... who am I to judge?


Something that really struck me was the transformation of the area around our mailbox. Last year I had written about it being just overrun with weeds and neglected, like a beacon to all our neighbors that we had stopped living. I wrote about it in a past post called, "Another Manifestation of My Grief, AKA How I Let My Gardens Go To Pot."

Last year it had looked like this...


And after much hard work had come to look like this...

**Disregard the date...I don't know how to fix that on my camera

I didn't think about the garden much after that. The fall came, then the winter with its cold days and nights, but today I noticed, like really noticed, that the sporadic plantings of last fall have grown into something beautiful.

This is how that area looks today....


I guess it just goes to show that even when we feel like nothing is changing, even when we feel like each day is exactly the same as the last and that there hasn't been any forward momentum or growth, there has been. And that is something to be celebrated.

19 comments

  1. Elizabeth
  2. Half of a Duo, Raising a Duo
  3. Rachel

Leave a Reply