About

Loss of Faith - Please send your prayers.


posted by Once A Mother on ,

25 comments

I am absolutely heartbroken to report here that Baby Faith Margaret Venezia, the adorable little girl whose button has been on the right side of my blog these last few years, and the daughter of my amazing cousin Erica who I have written about here, lost her battle last night to HLHS, a congenital heart defect, at just two years old.


Erica and I both welcomed our daughters into this world in September of 2008 and I have often wondered how two healthy cousins, from a healthy family, could bring such sick babies into this world. Erica's friendship through my grief of Peyton has been a godsend, and I have always looked at little Faithy as the one who would survive. Peyton's battle was too big to overcome, I told myself, but Faith, Faith was going to make it.

Through many ups and downs, Faith, like her mother, always faced adversity with an upbeat attitude and a huge smile. There are no words for how saddened I am to know that my cousin - my strong, amazing cousin - has now entered this world of loss. The anger I feel at this broken world for making children face battles too great to defeat is immense.

I know that many of you have followed Faith's blog in the past, and I ask you, please go here, to Erica's guestbook to send some love and prayers of strength and understanding to both she and her husband Billy.

25 comments

Leave a Reply